Youth of Manotick Association is seeking Facilitators to help plan, prepare and implement programs for rural youth on Friday evenings.
The role of the Facilitator is:
- to ensure the youth programs are implemented as planned and within the budget
- to engage with the youth in a professional and empowering manner
- to be familiar with resources available and direct youth to them as needed
- to work with and communicate efficiently with the Board
- to ensure YOMA principles, policies and procedures are upheld.
Currently the role offers approximately 5 hours per week with the possibility of more hours for planning purposes, special outings, community events and fundraising events. As the program grows, so too will the opportunities for more involvement and hours. An ideal Facilitator will be energetic, enthusiastic, creative and reliable. Experience designing and implementing youth programming that is purposeful and engaging is an asset. First Aid training would be beneficial. A current Police Record Check, no older than 1 year will be required. There is no public transit available here during program hours so candidates must have their own means of transportation.